FS: 91 Pontiac Firefly

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

JamesDeane

FS: 91 Pontiac Firefly

Post by JamesDeane »

I'm selling the 91 firefly I bought form Scetr last year. I used the car from july to October of 2007. I bought my current Celica then and so the firefly has sat around since. I replaced the oil and radiator fluid just before I parked the car. I also put in 4 x 4 1/2" pioneer speakers. The car has an aftermarket deck, plays wma/mp3/cd. It has 264225 km on it, I put about 6000 km on the car in the time I drove it.

Some of the issues with the car; one of the tires has a slow leak, but the car comes with a two spare tires. When I started the car recently the car rev'd pretty high and it wouldn't go back down after it warmed up. I think it has a very minor oil and rad fluid leak, but the rad leak might just be overflow. Its got the rust as you can see. The latch on the hatch doesn't work, you have to flick it on the inside to open it. It burns a bit of oil also.

Aside from the negatives this car is pretty fun to drive, its easy to drive and it gets good mileage. I was getting about 450km to 30 litres of fuel roughly (35mpg).
There is a couple of details about it here too viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1101&p=16160&

I'm asking $350 for the car. I'll knock $50 off if you want the stock speakers instead of the pioneer ones, one of them is blown though.
Attachments
IMG_8093.JPG
IMG_8095.JPG
IMG_8097.JPG
IMG_8099.JPG
IMG_8102.JPG
IMG_8087.JPG
Spyhop

Re: FS: 91 Pontiac Firefly

Post by Spyhop »

But what will hold up your deck now? :mrgreen:
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

its been on my driveway for a while haha.
Captain Happy Pants

Post by Captain Happy Pants »

What again was the problem with it passing a safety inspection? That is why I wouldn't buy it. Otherwise I would buy it.
When you shower with clothes on it shows your crazy, when you shower nude it shows your nuts.
JohnyRico

Post by JohnyRico »

The gerbils are getting up there and could croak at any given time... This not very safe
JamesDeane

Post by JamesDeane »

ahhh yeah that's what I forgot. It will need a safety inspection, when I got it inspected by the crack job team of losers at canadian tire they failed the windshield and front brakes.
Qube

Post by Qube »

Anyone with a mechanics license can sign off on a safety inspection in Alberta..

Alberta doesn't actually enforce them as much as they should.
previously: vect0r