WTB AMD Socket A mobo and proc

Got used crap for sale? Peddle it here.

Captain Happy Pants

WTB AMD Socket A mobo and proc

Post by Captain Happy Pants »

Don't suppose anyone has any of these lying around any more do they? My POS compy is shitting the bed just like my car did and am looking for something I can just move stuff over to since I just bought a AGP video card. Cheap price is the key. lol
When you shower with clothes on it shows your crazy, when you shower nude it shows your nuts.
mertz

Post by mertz »

i have a 3700+ socket A sitting around, i don't have a board handy though. i'll part with the cpu for pretty cheap if you can find a board somewhere
techie2

socketa

Post by techie2 »

i have a processor and mobo never tried them out never had time but you can have the cpu and mobo for 20 bucks of course I will test them out first to make sure they work... let me know

socket a mobo and i think it's a 2000+
techie2

Post by techie2 »

mertz wrote:i have a 3700+ socket A sitting around, i don't have a board handy though. i'll part with the cpu for pretty cheap if you can find a board somewhere
didn't know socket a went that high...
Captain Happy Pants

mertz what do you want for the 3700+???
When you shower with clothes on it shows your crazy, when you shower nude it shows your nuts.
techie2

ummm

Post by techie2 »

if your looking for parts please put the correct information socket A is socket 462 and doesn't support speeds of 3700 plus that's probably socket 939 or maybe 754
mertz

Post by mertz »

oh right, socket A is indeed older
my chip is.. 939 i think... sorry for the confusion
Captain Happy Pants

techie interested in the stuff you have and as for mertz I just wanna know how much that proc is. Thanx in advance
mertz

Post by mertz »

ok, confirmed 3700+ 939 2.2Ghz, 1mb cache
i'd part with it for like 40 bucks
Captain Happy Pants

alright well I C techie2 has been banned from here so I guess no board and proc from him. Anyone have any other theories on Y I can't seem to do any updates or get the vid card drivers done.any ideas appreciated
mertz

Post by mertz »

need specs dude.. what board/cpu/ram/vid card/OS are you running right now, what drivers are you trying to install, and what happens when you try to install them
Captain Happy Pants

Asus A78nx-x board I think and an athlon 2400+ proc. OS's are winxp pro and vista ultimate dual boot the drivers I am trying to install are the newest ati drivers and the updates from windows and it just keeps popping up an error that the windows installer has stopped working and sometimes bluescreens with the ati driver being the culprit.